Bruce Lee brought many things to the mainstream: mixed martial arts, yellow jumpsuits and philosophical insight, to name a few. "But there's an even simpler aspect of his style that he brought [to the mainstream], which is serious kicking for the screen," says Eric Jacobus, stuntman, filmmaker and motion capture performer.
For the latest edition of The Official Bruce Lee Collector's Edition, we sat down with Jacobus to reflect on the impact of Lee's iconic fighting style in cinema. Read the entire article in Volume 3, available on April 9. For now, here are 10 of Bruce Lee's most EPIC kicks. And check out Volumes 1 and 2 here.
1. Flying above his adversary in The Big Boss (1971).
2. Walking in air in Enter the Dragon (1973).
3. Taking on the final boss in Fist of Fury (1972).
4. Intimidating Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in Game of Death (1978).
5. Detaining a criminal in The Green Hornet (c. 1966).
6. Defending against Chuck Norris in The Way of the Dragon (1972).
7. In the studio with Ted Wong, a Jeet Kun Do student.
8. Attacking Bolo Yeung in Enter the Dragon (1973).
9. Practicing on the trampoline with wife Linda Lee.
10. Stopping Han in Enter the Dragon (1973).